I’m conducting ‘New Generation of Television: TV 2.0′ lecture at Kadir Has University Istanbul. Herebelow you will find final exam questions of 2014 Spring semester.
KADIR HAS UNIVERSITY
CF 432: DIGITAL BROADCASTING
SPRING 2014 FINAL EXAM
NAME / SURNAME:
- Strategic thinking: There are 5 big pay-TV operators in Turkey; Digiturk, D-Smart, KabloTV/Teledünya, Tivibu, Turkcell TV+. What would be the acquisition/merger scenarios that would reshape the competition landscape and change the market shares? Why? Please defend your thinking with solid arguments.
(You are free to imagine hypothetical cases. Any acquisition/merger scenario is possible.) (20 points)
- Smart TV: This is a typical back panel of a Smart TV. Explain the name and functionality of each output? (20 points)
3. User Experience: Design and develop an imaginary TV- human interaction that will significantly improve the user experience. Please write down how it will work and what are differentiating features with your own words. (20 points)
4. Chromecast: Last summer Google announced this brand-new product. It has been a real success and Chromecast is now available in many European countries in addition to North America. This little dongle product has 2 major features that differentiate itself from the similiar products (i.e. Apple TV, Rokubox) in the market? What are those 2 features? (20 points)
5. Please order the following items in terms the delay compared to the appearance in cinema in increasing order?(10 points)
DVD – Kanal D – Tivibu Kirala Izle – Digiturk Moviemax
6. What does an exclusive content rights mean? Please explain with your own words? (10 points)