Turkey Basketball League games will be broadcasted by Digiturk and free-to-air sports channel NTV Spor for 3 years starting from 2015-2016 season.
To recap: The split of sports content digital rights in Turkey is as follows:
- Digiturk: Turkish Premier Football League, English Premier Football League, Turkish Airlines Basketball Euroleague, Turkey Beko Basketbol League, Russian League, Brazilian League, Wimbledon and ATP1000 Masters Tennis
- D-Smart: Spanish Premier Football League (La Liga), NBA TV, Formula 1, Motor GP
- Tivibu: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europe League, France Ligue, Italy Seria A
- Teledunya (Kablo TV): No exclusive content
- Turkcell TV+: No exclusive content
Digiturk was already the official broadcaster since past 6 years. With this new announecement it will continue for another 3 years.
It’s been made public that the contract fee is 12 million Euro / per year. While Digiturk will be broadcasting 2 games per week, the other shareholder NTV Spor will deliver another 2 games every week. Considering the enormous fee paid (321 Million UDS + VAT) for Turkish Premier Football League by Digiturk, 12 million Euro sounds pretty cost effective. Although Digiturk managed to reduce the total cost around by half, it had no more the exclusive rights which might cause customer churn in return.